Houston Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
When our elderly parents or relatives need more assistance in their everyday life, we expect that assisted living facilities will responsibly and respectfully care for them. Chelsie King Garza provides legal representation to those who have been harmed or injured in a nursing home or assisted living center. Nursing home neglect is, unfortunately, a significant problem that affects elderly living in all different types of facilities. Whether the harm is intentional or neglectful, the abused individual and their family may have grounds to bring a lawsuit.
Watch on YouTube: Nursing Home Neglect Statistics
There Are Many Forms of Nursing Home Neglect
Nursing home abuse or neglect can cause both physical and emotional damage. The harm done by neglectful staff can cost the injured person their happiness. They can lose their quality of life. When nursing home staff neglect their duty to properly care for their residents, the injuries can be significant. Nursing home injuries can take precious years off of the life those hurt. There is no excuse for elder abuse, which can take many forms including:
- Physical and mental abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Wrongful death
- Failure to meet the medical needs of the patient
- Home health neglect
- Malnutrition and failure to meet the dietary needs of the patient
- Failure to monitor, or report medical illnesses, including urinary tract infections and pneumonia
- Lack of patient supervision
- Bed sores and failure to properly treat bed sores
- Falls and failure to follow fall precautions
- Medication errors and failure to administer prescribed medications
Anyone who causes harm to an elderly individual deserves to be held legally responsible for their actions.
Hire a Houston Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
If you or a loved one has been harmed by neglectful nursing home staff, take action. Contact an experienced nursing home attorney. Contact Chelsie King Garza to discuss your legal rights and to move forward to hold the responsible parties accountable. Chelsie King Garza is here to help and is truly interested in your case.