What are Non-economic Damages?
- Mental Anguish
- The change in your everyday life.
- The change in your relationship or the loss of your relationship with your loved one.
- The loss of who you once were and the depression that may come with that loss.
What damages are not Capped?Economic damages were not capped by HB 4. Economic damages include:
- Lost wages for medical malpractice victims who can no longer work.
- Future medical needed as a result of the neglect.
- Future medical care can include the cost of medications, medical equipment, doctor’s appointments, in-home care or care in facilities, special vehicles, and the cost to modify a home.