Birth Injury Babies
Families of birth injury babies think of getting their child the help they need. Parents focus on making sure their child’s medical needs are met. As their child ages, many parents begin to wonder how they will be able to afford the care that their child so desperately needs. Parents may worry as they plan for their child’s future. Many families need compensation for birth injury babies.
Some families are lucky enough to have medical insurance to help. Insurance companies often deny claims, attempt to limit the care provided, and do what they can not to pay. The care a birth injury baby needs can be expensive. Future medical care, equipment and supplies, in-home care, and modifications to your home may be necessary. All of these things cost money. And those bills add up. A birth injury attorney may be able to help you get the compensation you need for the harm done to your child.
What Costs Can Parents Expect for their Child Suffering from a Birth Injury?
The compensation available for a child born with a birth injury can vary. How much a family can expect depends on the child’s injuries. A brain injury, from which your child may not recover, can require considerable care as the child gets older. Costs needed to care for a birth injury baby can include:
- Medical care – Future medical care may include a number of different specialists and may include future surgeries or procedures
- Hospital visits – Many children with birth injuries may need future hospital stays
- Home health care – Babies born with birth injuries may not only need additional care when they are young, but also as they grow up
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Home renovations to make it easier for your child to live at home
- Wheelchair accessible van – A child living with a birth injury may need a wheelchair and parents will require a wheelchair accessible van to take their child where they need to go
These costs to do not include the toll this will take on your family and your child. The pain, suffering, and mental anguish for the family cannot be measured. Pain and suffering must be part of any settlement in a case brought against a doctor or hospital who is responsible for causing your child’s birth injury.
Talk to a Houston Birth Injury Attorney who Knows Compensation for Birth Injury Babies
Chelsie King Garza is here to help. Contact her today to learn your rights. Holding those accountable for your child’s injury responsible for the harm they cause is what a birth injury attorney can do for you.