Regardless of the type of car crash that you are involved in, head-on collisions or multiple car pile-ups, there is the potential for injury. When two vehicles collide, some of the force of the collision is naturally transferred to the passengers. That force alone can cause serious injuries. Additionally, items in the car can be thrown about striking occupants and the car itself, if the force is strong enough, can crush the vehicle occupants. The types of car accident injuries suffered by drivers and passengers can vary and be severe
Chelsie King Garza understands the impact a car crash can have. Serious injuries can cause you to miss work losing valuable income. Injuries can require medical care resulting in medical bills and the cost of follow-up medical care. These costs can pose a significant hardship to many individuals.
COMMON CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Common auto accidents injuries include:
- Broken bones – legs can fracture, and wrists can break upon impact. The speed of the cars when they collide can increase the force put on the body during the collision.
- Cuts and lacerations – windshields and windows can shatter during an accident. The shards of glass can deep cuts leading to blood loss and even nerve damage.
- Brain injuries – the brain is meant to remain stable inside the skull. The force of a car crash can cause the brain to strike the inside of the skull. This impact can cause brain trauma. Also, debris created by the crash can hit drivers and passengers in the head, traumatizing the brain.
- Whiplash – this is one of the most common neck injuries resulting from a car crash. When two vehicles collide, the body is jostled putting strain on necks and backs.
- Spinal cord injuries – severe car crashes can lead to spinal cord fractures and even to the severing of the spinal cord. These injuries can be permanent and life altering, even leading to paralysis.
The Types of Car Accident Injuries can Vary and be Severe
Each of these injuries can have serious consequences for the victim and their families. Medical bills can pile up creating a financial strain on any household. If the injured is also losing time out of work, the lost wages, in addition to mounting medical bills can be devastating. Making sure that you get all the help you need can be a difficult task. Let Chelsie King Garza help. Contact Chelsie for a free consultation today.