Trucking Employers may Negligently Ignore Safety RequirementsTrucking companies that send drivers and trucks out on the road are responsible for the safety of their trucks and trailers, along with the caliber of their drivers. Some trucking companies ignore this responsibility and disregard the regulations implemented to keep the public safe. When employers fail to meet the laws and standards set forth for safe truck operation, the potential for accidents increases.
Additional negligence taken by an employer could include:
- Hiring unqualified drivers or drivers with an unsafe driving record
- Failing to train drivers or providing inadequate training for drivers before putting them on the road
- Failing to fully inspect and maintain trucks and trailers
- Improperly loading trailers or beds
- Requiring drivers to stay on the road too long, not allowing them rest