Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice is the neglectful care of a patient by a physician, nurse, or health care professional. Hospital and doctor neglect can lead to serious injuries. Medical negligence can cause birth injuries and even death. Doctors and hospitals should not neglect your care. They shouldn’t breach the trust that you have in them. When they do, you need the help of a medical malpractice lawyer.
Watch on YouTube: Medical Malpractice Statistics
Any person who brings a case for medical neglect must prove four things:
- A duty of care was owed by the physician
- The physician violated the applicable standard of care
- The patient suffered harm
- The injury was proximately caused by the poor conduct
Causes of Medical Malpractice
When a medical provider fails to meet the standard of care, patients get hurt. Considering doctors and nurses deal with the life and death of their patients, they must adhere to the highest standards. Medical negligence may include:
- Poor surgical technique
- Patient falls in hospitals
- Failing to understand lab results
- Hospital nursing errors
- Improper medication or over medication
- Failure to order proper tests or recognize signs and symptoms
- Disregarding the medical technique of differential diagnosis
- Failure to diagnose a pulmonary embolism
- Postoperative care errors
- Anesthesia malpractice
- Pediatric medical negligence
The most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits is failure to diagnose at 33%. Failure to treat accounts for 18% of medical errors. Surgical errors make up 24% of medical malpractice cases. Regardless of the cause, medical neglect must be addressed.
Medical Neglect Can Cause Great Harm
Doctors, nurses, and health care professionals are entrusted with patients’ lives. When they neglect their duty of care, patients are harmed. Neglect on the part of a doctor, nurse, and physician’s assistants can cause:
- Brain injuries
- Permanent brain damage
- Paralysis and quadriplegia
- Loss of limbs
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
If you have been the victim of medical neglect, it is important to get the care you need. Medical bills, medications, co-pays, and medical equipment can cost a lot. Victims may have long periods when they cannot work. They may never be able to work again. It is important when hiring an attorney, to find someone who will fight for you. You need someone who will get all of your damages covered.
Hire a Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Chelsie King Garza has years of experience handling medical negligence cases. Ms. Garza will fight hard for you. If you need a medical malpractice lawyer in Houston, contact Chelsie King Garza today for a free consultation.