Houston Patient Hospital Falls Attorney
Any stay in a hospital can be a stressful time for the patient and their family. We trust nurses and medical staff to take care of us and our loved ones. Patients rely upon the nurses and staff to watch over them and keep them safe from harm, such as infections, or falls. Patient falls in hospitals can cause considerable harm, including broken bones and spinal fractures. If your loved one has suffered a hospital fall due to neglectful care, Chelsie King Garza can help.
Watch on YouTube: Patient Falls in Hospitals Statistics
Hospital Staff and Nurses Must Monitor Patients and Prevent Falls
Most falls in nursing homes are preventable. Nursing homes are expected to watch patients and provide compassionate care. Failing to do so can result in patient falls. Causes of patient falls include:
- Inadequate staffing – hospitals may be understaffed and not have enough nurses to care for patients.
- Failure to properly train staff – falls are a risk for patients suffering from vertigo, or patients who have been given anesthesia. Nurses and staff should be aware of a patient’s conditions and medications that may cause dizziness or falls.
- Patients may be left alone for too long and injure themselves trying to get to the restroom.
- Failure to remove trip hazards from patient rooms, walkways, and common areas.
These acts of negligence on the part of hospitals can cause significant long-term harm to patients. Unfortunately, these acts of neglect are preventable.
Patient Hospital Falls Can Cause Serious Injuries or Death
Hospital patients are often weak and frail during their recovery. They may not have the strength to walk. They may have medical conditions, such as vertigo that make walking or standing difficult. Falls only complicate the patient’s recovery. Falls can cause serious harm including:
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Broken hips
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head trauma, including brain bleeds
- Brain injuries
- Mental anguish, pain, and suffering
By holding the hospital accountable for the negligence of nurses and staff, you may help prevent other patients from suffering the same harm.
Hire an Attorney Experienced in Handling Cases Involving Patient Falls in Hospitals
If you or a loved one has suffered injury after a fall in a hospital, contact Chelsie King Garza to schedule your free initial consultation. Ms. Garza will provide compassionate representation for you and your loved ones. She will fight for full compensation.